WineWatcher Australia, 2019.
Alan McCorkindale Central Otago Single Vineyard 'Legend Terrace' Pinot Noir 2013
Availability Almost sold out
- This ’Single Vineyard’ Pinot Noir was hand harvested from the clay and schist slopes of the ‘Legend Terrace’ vineyard on Felton Road in Central Otago, New Zealand.
- Dark, deep ruby-red colour with youthful purple hues, a little lighter on rim.
- The oaking is well-balanced, lending a little dusty layering. The mouthfeel features a firm, grainy line and dry textures, with the extract and acidity providing drive, carrying the wine to a moderately long, firm and dry finish. This is a concentrated and firm, black and red cherry fruited Pinot Noir with plenty of structure.
- Traditional Burgundian winemaking has created a New Zealand Pinot Noir in an “Old World” style. This Pinot Noir has a garnet colour and is a multilayered, complex wine.
- Aromas” of raspberry, brambles, and blueberry, and hints of exotic spices.
- The palate is focussed and concentrated, savoury, with gentle tannins, subtle oak and a very long finish.
- A very ripe fleshy central Otago Pinot Noir that will drink well for many years to come.
- Screwcap. 13.0% alcohol content.
Sam Kim, Wine Orbit, November, 2019.
Barton & Guestier 'Reserve' Pinot Noir 2019
Wine Orbit, 2020.
Sherwood Estate 'Stratum' Waipara Pinot Noir 2020