Wine EnthusiastView More Awards
Aveleda Charamba Tinto Douro 2014 (1.50 litre MAGNUM)
- This is a terrific wine with a garnet color and complex aromas, showing black fruit, red berries, coffee, black tobacco and some balsamic notes. The palate is rich, balanced and persistent with predominantly intense fruity notes and married with the aromas of wood. Long finish and pleasant.
- On the palate, very nice fruit and spice and medium body but with structure high acidity and sandy tannins that leave an overall rustic impression.
- Portuguese wines from the Douro tend to be very flavorful but dry and rugged with no concession to softness or sweetness
- Named after a traditional Douro dance, this wine is ripe and spicy, with new wood flavors. It has a soft structure that allows the vibrant berry fruits to come through strongly.
- Both the fruit and the wood aging say this wine is too young, so drink from 2017.
- Screwcap. 14.0% alcohol content.
Sam Kim, Wine Orbit
Trout Valley Nelson Montepulciano 2014
Bob Campbell, 2017.View More Awards
Seven Terraces Marlboough Pinot Noir 2016
Sam Kim, Wine Orbit, February 2018.
Wine Men Of Gotham South Australian Shiraz 2017