The Real Review, Bob Campbell, July, 2019.
Black Sparrow 'Sur Lie' Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2016
- Sur Lie ageing is the process of allowing this wine to sit on the lees (left over dead yeast cells) in order to extract flavours and enrich the palate. Wines aged on their lees tend to be creamier, richer, fuller-bodied with greater depth and complexity.
- 'Tight punchy Sauvignon Blanc with lime, grapefruit, citrus and bready yeast lees flavours supported by assertive acidity that helps to drive a lengthy finish. A serious Sauvignon in a taut, bone dry style. Cellar to 2026'. - Bob Campbell, MW, 2019.
- This is the second release of a Sauvignon Blanc that has been aged on the yeast lees to add extra texture and complexity.
- It’s an impressive wine with power, purity and citrus, lime zest, oyster shell, mineral and a very subtle nutty lees character.
- The perfect wine with freshly shucked oysters seasoned with a squeeze of lime.
- Screwcap. 13.0% alcohol content.
Regarded as one of the best winemakers and critics in Australasia, international winemaker, consultant and judge John Belsham speaks about his passion to produce world class wines at
Sam Kim, Wine Orbit, 2019.
Ant Moore 'Estate Series' Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2019
Wine Orbit, 2020.
Sherwood Estate 'Stoney Range' Waipara Sauvignon Blanc 2020