Sam Kim, Wie Orbit, August, 2019.
Castaño Molino Loco Tinto 2018
Availability Almost sold out
- 'Youthfully charming and inviting, the bouquet shows black/blueberry, spiced cherry, floral and spicy oak characters. The palate displays lovely fruit intensity and supple mouthfeel, firmly structured by chalky tannins. A gorgeous food partner with elegant complexity and a lengthy sturdy finish. At its best: now to 2023'. - Sam Kim, MW.
- The Molino Loco Tinto is grown in the Castaño family vineyards, situated in the north of Yecla located at an altitude of 750 metres above sea level.
- The vineyards are dry-farmed (they are not irrigated) and the limestone soil is poor. This means that the roots of the vines grow deep into the earth in their search for precious minerals and nutrients, which helps ensure healthy, ripe, flavoursome grapes.
- The Monastrell (Mourvèdre) vineyards are over 50 years old.
- Screwcap. 13.0% alcohol content.