Michael Cooper, MW, 2020.
Black Sparrow 'Single Vineyard' Central Otago Pinot Noir 2019
For wine the minimum order is one dozen (12) bottles. Split case orders are welcome with at least 4 wines of your choice, minimum 3 bottles per variety.
- 'It's remarkable that Central Otago's dramatic landscapes and the extreme climate can produce Pinot with grace and fineness. This seductively tasty wine shows dark plums and raspberries with nuances of baking spice and subtle oak, well supported by smooth rounded mouthfeel. Splendidly delicious!
- Crimson in colour with purple hints, the nose exhibits red berry and cherry aromas with nuances of spice, bramble and leather.
- The palate is characterised by intense ripe fruit notes, with careful oak integration enhancing the structure and balance of this fantastic value-for-money Pinot.
- A very ripe fleshy central Otago Pinot Noir that will drink well for many years to come.
- Screwcap. 13.5% alcohol content.