Michael Cooper, MW, January, 2020.View More Awards
Black Sparrow Central Otago Single Vineyard 'Legend Terrace' Pinot Noir 2013
For wine the minimum order is one dozen (12) bottles. Split case orders are welcome with at least 4 wines of your choice, minimum 3 bottles per variety.
- This ’Single Vineyard’ Pinot Noir was hand harvested from the clay and schist slopes of the ‘Legend Terrace’ vineyard on Felton Road in Central Otago, New Zealand.
- Dark, deep ruby-red colour with youthful purple hues, a little lighter on rim.
- The oaking is well-balanced, lending a little dusty layering. The mouthfeel features a firm, grainy line and dry textures, with the extract and acidity providing drive, carrying the wine to a moderately long, firm and dry finish. This is a concentrated and firm, black and red cherry fruited Pinot Noir with plenty of structure.
- Traditional Burgundian winemaking has created a New Zealand Pinot Noir in an “Old World” style. This Pinot Noir has a garnet colour and is a multilayered, complex wine.
- Aromas” of raspberry, brambles, and blueberry, and hints of exotic spices.
- The palate is focussed and concentrated, savoury, with gentle tannins, subtle oak and a very long finish.
- A very ripe fleshy central Otago Pinot Noir that will drink well for many years to come.
- Screwcap. 13.0% alcohol content.